Every month in our employee newsletter we highlight one of our employees who share a little about themselves. Today it is Mr. Gary Cook who moved to Arkansas 10 years ago and has worked for The Jones Center almost the whole time.
• Tell us about yourself in 140-ish characters:
Polly Anna-ish, open minded, eclectic. I am interested in looking at life. When I want to know about someone I ask them, "What do you collect?". 38 yrs married. I spent the majority of my career as a small business owner. Service oriented.
• The Jones Center is a place where people go to be active. What is your "power song" when you want to be active and get in the mood to have a great day?
Jukebox Hero : Foreigner
• Favorite thing about The Jones Center:
It's relatively small size, and the similarities it had with my previous nonprofit work. I appreciate that there is an opportunity for those who can’t afford to pay the full costs via scholarships.
• What is your title and how do you explain your role to others?
Maintenance Tech 2. My responsibilities are varied: a door won’t open, boiler operator, light mechanical work,the lights won’t work. I hope to never have a "that’s not my job," attitude.
• What is the one thing that folks at work don’t know about you?
I am sentimental. I am not ashamed to admit that I cry at big events and the occasional touching movie scene.